and a very Happy New Year to you!
May 8th through June 26th
at Nourishing Journey
8975 Guilford Road, Columbia MD
For the Summer Workshop Series, we will read and discuss The Slow Down Diet by Marc David. Marc David is the founder of The Institute for the Psychology of Eating. This book is read in groups around the world, and facilitated the discussion for a new approach to Nutrition and weight loss.
This series opens the door to exploring and understanding your own personal relationship with food – with the gift of support, and led by Lisa Karasek, CEPC.
“If you’ve ever struggled with finding a way to a deep, happy, and healthy connection with your body and food, The Slow Down Diet is your bible.” – Mark Hyman, M.D.
Because Everyone Deserves A Healthy Relationship with Food
As a Health & Wellness Coach I believe in the importance of bringing the Whole Body into Balance.
The Power in knowing if your body is properly absorbing nutrients, if you’re creating healthy red blood cells; in knowing the truth about your current overall health and viability of your immune system, your digestive assilmilation, or the presence of any nutritional deficiencies – is motivating to say the least.
I have partnered with two very important Holistic Nutrition experts and together we will be creating individualized protocols and Nutrition services. Meet my partners Kathy Shuey – Certified Darkfield Microscopist, and Michael Aiken – Holistic Nutritionist.
Bring your Health and Wellness goals into Focus – learn how a Darkfield Microscopic Nutritional Analysis, and consultations with Lisa, Kathy, and Michael will plant you on the path of success.
The Holidays are a time meant to spread and feel Joy. To find Peace, and Love, and Happiness in all that you do. To surround yourself with, and feel Nourished by the abundance of Love and support others provide you. It’s a time of surprise, and of wonderment. When the feeling of Comfort – from tradition and intention, takes a foothold in your soul. It’s a time for newness. And Rejuvenation.
Studies show that a daily practice of mindfulness and meditation reduce the effects of, and can help to prevent major medical conditions. Only about 9.9% of Americans, or an estimated 300M to 500M people worldwide are currently practicing Mindfulness and/or Meditation.
As a Coach I encourage you to develop good habits toward Health and Wellness. Here are some real findings on Mindfulness to encourage you to start exploring now, and bring more peace and happiness into your life.
- Mindfulness isn’t just about the mind. Its a Holistic approach to living that addresses the entire person. Mind – Body – Spirit. Nutrition.
- In the simplest of terms, mindfulness is the habit of living in the present moment. Meaning, your thoughts and actions are not reactions to your perceptions of the past or the future.
- To notice one’s experience with open-hearted, nonjudgmental awareness – no matter the nature of that experience – is to be mindful.
- There’s more than one way to direct and focus your mind in a more healthy and positive way.
- During concentration, one keeps a tight rein on the mind. During meditation, the rein is no longer necessary – the mind stays of its own accord on one single thought wave.
- In people who practice meditation, their brains “panic button”, or amygdala – grows smaller. This affectively reduces your need to feel the “fight or flight” response that negatively upsets your body’s physiology. So you learn to effectively reduce stress for yourself.
- Your brain actually grows, and its wiring and firing gets stronger – Your ability to learn, think, remember, manage emotions, empathize, and sleep are all positively affected when you practice mindfulness.
- You’ll be better at education, athletics, creativity, and analytical ability – so it should be practiced by children and adults alike.
- You can turn any every day activity into a mindfulness practice – from doing the dishes, to having a conversation, and also bring it to the gym with you, or the yoga or dance studio.
Your employers are taking notice, too. Workers who practice mindfulness techniques are increasingly becoming recognized, and are asked to support other employees with planning and promoting these activities. * According to project-meditation – A Detroit based chemical plant posted the following results three years after implementing meditation:
Absenteeism fell by 85%
Productivity rose 120%
Injuries dropped 70%
Profits increased 520%
And I cannot post this without saying – learning the benefits of Mindful Eating, and having a Healthy Relationship with Food Nourishes you more and adds Value to your overall Health & Wellness. – To learn how you can too, schedule your appointment today.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Join the class!
Each month there is a new discussion topic, each addressing your personal relationship with food – and balancing that with your lifestyle.
- See the full schedule and description of classes on my announcements page
$15 in advance, or $20 at the door – For advanced access contact me at email@example.com