The Holidays are a time meant to spread and feel Joy. To find Peace, and Love, and Happiness in all that you do. To surround yourself with, and feel Nourished by the abundance of Love and support others provide you. It’s a time of surprise, and of wonderment. When the feeling of Comfort – from tradition and intention, takes a foothold in your soul. It’s a time for newness. And Rejuvenation.
Studies show that a daily practice of mindfulness and meditation reduce the effects of, and can help to prevent major medical conditions. Only about 9.9% of Americans, or an estimated 300M to 500M people worldwide are currently practicing Mindfulness and/or Meditation.
As a Coach I encourage you to develop good habits toward Health and Wellness. Here are some real findings on Mindfulness to encourage you to start exploring now, and bring more peace and happiness into your life.
- Mindfulness isn’t just about the mind. Its a Holistic approach to living that addresses the entire person. Mind – Body – Spirit. Nutrition.
- In the simplest of terms, mindfulness is the habit of living in the present moment. Meaning, your thoughts and actions are not reactions to your perceptions of the past or the future.
- To notice one’s experience with open-hearted, nonjudgmental awareness – no matter the nature of that experience – is to be mindful.
- There’s more than one way to direct and focus your mind in a more healthy and positive way.
- During concentration, one keeps a tight rein on the mind. During meditation, the rein is no longer necessary – the mind stays of its own accord on one single thought wave.
- In people who practice meditation, their brains “panic button”, or amygdala – grows smaller. This affectively reduces your need to feel the “fight or flight” response that negatively upsets your body’s physiology. So you learn to effectively reduce stress for yourself.
- Your brain actually grows, and its wiring and firing gets stronger – Your ability to learn, think, remember, manage emotions, empathize, and sleep are all positively affected when you practice mindfulness.
- You’ll be better at education, athletics, creativity, and analytical ability – so it should be practiced by children and adults alike.
- You can turn any every day activity into a mindfulness practice – from doing the dishes, to having a conversation, and also bring it to the gym with you, or the yoga or dance studio.
Your employers are taking notice, too. Workers who practice mindfulness techniques are increasingly becoming recognized, and are asked to support other employees with planning and promoting these activities. * According to project-meditation – A Detroit based chemical plant posted the following results three years after implementing meditation:
Absenteeism fell by 85%
Productivity rose 120%
Injuries dropped 70%
Profits increased 520%
And I cannot post this without saying – learning the benefits of Mindful Eating, and having a Healthy Relationship with Food Nourishes you more and adds Value to your overall Health & Wellness. – To learn how you can too, schedule your appointment today.